Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

Today I'm reminded that my life has had many surprising twists and turns.

As I set the table for my Valentine's Day dinner tonight, I set out two of the placemats that Harry and I bought on our honeymoon.  They are laminated cityscapes of Montreal, Quebec.  Beautiful photographs, really.  A smile came to my face as I was reminded that 22 year old Eva and Harry had no idea that someday three children would eat on those very placemats.

I'm thankful I didn't know.  I think we put way too much stock in the value of knowing what's ahead.  I'm sure I would have been terrified to know of the hardships ahead, but every day of my life God has shaped and stretched me into a much wiser, kinder human being.

Today was the twelfth Valentine's Day Harry and I have spent together.  I'm sure the next twelve years will hold just as many surprises as the last.


It is God who arms me with strength, and makes my way perfect~ Psalm 18:32 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment