Friday, February 15, 2013

A Word of Encouragement

A few Sundays ago, our pastor at Bridges Community Church preached a sermon on encouraging one another.  (If you would like to take a listen, you can do that here.)  As believers, we are called to edify the Body of Christ by encouraging one another; this is good and vital to our healthy function.  This sermon impacted me so much that I decided to do put this practice of affirming others into action. Often in the past, I've justified myriad reasons why "so and so" doesn't need me to say "such and such."  You're familiar with the excuses, right?


  • She'll probably think I'm weird!
  • It might be awkward!
  • I haven't talked to them in years!  
  • I'm sure he gets praise from plenty of other people, he's so popular...


But do you know what I have found most surprising?

In every instance I have reached out to someone, I too have been encouraged!

Isn't God GRAND?????!!!!!!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds,  not giving up meeting together,as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.  ~Hebrews 10:24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment