Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Quirky things about Me

So tonight I thought I would share some things about myself that some of you may not know about me.

I like to crochet--a lot. My grandmother taught me a few basic stitches and the rest is history. I have never followed a pattern, but I've crocheted scarves, blankets, skirts, shawls, pot holders, curtains, anything I can think to crochet. Someday I plan to learn how to read patterns.

I breastfeed, use cloth diapers, and make my own organic baby food. I did this with all three of my kids. I didn't use cloth diapers exclusively with the girls the way I do now, but I think it still counts. ;)

I was a piano major for three years.

My childhood nickname was Evie. Also, my name is Spanish. Eva is the Spanish name for Eve. I have no idea why Eva is so difficult to pronounce or why people feel the need to tell me that I'm mispronouncing my own name.

I feel the need to keep things that are not recyclable instead of throwing them away. I feel a twinge of guilt every time I put something plastic in the trash.

I have uncontrollable empathy. I frequently feel physical sensations of embarrassment when I watch television or movies. Many times I just change the channel or get up and walk away.

Well, there is a lot more to be told, but I will save it for another night!





1 comment:

  1. It is frustrating when people mispronounce our names, but I think people do it out of confusion more than anything. For example, I know three people by the name of Eva, but all pronounced differently...one with a long "a" sound, one with a long "e" sound and the other with a short "e" sound.

    I enjoyed learning more about about you. :)

    ReplyDelete