Saturday, October 20, 2012

Leave It to the Cards...

So as I think of the many California-ish things I could blog about, tonight I'm just thinking about St. Louis.  : (

I've spent the last month incredibly focused on settling our things in our rental house, acquiring furniture (as most of you know we sold all of our furniture before we left), and getting school started for our lovely children.  I've been too busy to notice how much I miss the life we left!  But leave it to the Cardinals to remind me!

Coming from a girl who never watched (or cared about) sports, let me just say that marrying a man who lives and breathes sports has kind of sort of changed me... a little bit.  : )  I now know when the Superbowl is, how various professional sports leagues are divided, and how play offs work.  I too now hate the BCS and look forward to post-season baseball.  I'm not a die-hard fan, but I know a thing or two about a sport or two.   And call me crazy, but I actually just sat and watched an ENTIRE baseball game all by myself tonight.

The Cards lost, and I was sad.  And I missed living in Shaw.  I recalled the electricity in the air when we won the World Series last year.  I could almost feel the cold, crisp air, and smell the fall leaves.  And I wished desperately for something familiar.  Everything here is new, and the Cardinals nostalgia was to strong to deny.

Leave it to the Cards....

No comments:

Post a Comment