Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Beautiful ache

A beautiful ache.

That's my life right now.

I spent the weekend with my daughter who had a stomach virus...for the second time this month.

I got to talk to my best friend for the first time in six weeks.  That was beautiful.   But I cried like a baby afterwards because I miss her and her family so much!  My sick little daughter lay weakly on the bed next to me, wiped away the tears that were streaming down my face, and stroked my hair.

Beautiful ache.  

The Cardinals lost and it felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest.  Not because I'm that attached to the Cards.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I love 'em.  But the thing is, when the Giants clobbered us it felt like my life in St. Louis was being clobbered to death.

Ache.

But God has been so generous to us!  In just weeks, not only did He provide us with a place to live, but He also filled it up with furniture.  The people of Bridges Community Church have reached out to us-they've brought us meals, cleaning supplies, and presents for the kids.  Harry has really enjoyed his new  job and has discovered that he's been waiting and preparing for this his whole life.

Beautiful.

And me?  Well, I'm just trying to hold on.  It's been a wild ride.  I'm learning to walk in trust.  To lean heavily on a God who loves me; to love and to smile even when it hurts.  

And I'm so grateful to those who are walking with me.


May the Lord bless you and keep you tonight.

Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment