Sunday, January 1, 2012

Starting Small

It's 11:30 pm on the first day of the year, and I'm gonna try something new.

Blogging...
at least once a week, maybe more.....

I am the queen of setting unrealistic expectations for myself, so this time I think I'll start out slow and build momentum instead of starting out in an excited frenzy and fizzling out by the end of the week.

I'm gonna start small.

In fact, I'm gonna take this idea of starting small and start applying it to everything in my life that overwhelms me. Lots of things are in that category.

Spiritual disciplines overwhelm me.
Keeping my house clean overwhelms me.
Losing weight overwhelms me.

I could go on, believe me.
I get so discouraged because everything feels too big to handle.

And then a still, small Voice whispers, "One step at a time." And I remember that one small step starts me on the journey. Starting small is gonna get me where I need to go.

Here's to starting small!
May God bless you with enough faith for that one small step.

Happy New Year Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment