Friday, February 18, 2011

Quint's Doctor's Appointment

Today we took Quint to the pediatric urologist for his follow up appointment.  I have been dreading this all week!  The possibility of putting my little one through surgery was really weighing on my mind.  For those of you who don't know, Q was born with a mild hypospadias.  I won't go into detail here, but, in a nutshell, his urethra didn't form perfectly in utero.  (You can google it if you feel you need more details.)  All of his plumbing functions normally though, so no worries there.  Anyway, today his urologist told us that his hypospadias is so mild that he does not think surgery will be necessary!!!!!  I am thrilled and relieved to know that he won't have to go through the pain of surgery and the risk of general anesthetic.  I am singing praises!

Today was a beautiful, blue sky, no surgery day!

2 comments:

  1. PRAISE GOD!!!! HOPE TO MEET YOUR FAMILY SOON!!
    --LAURA ALVARADO MACIAS--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord. That is a scary process.

    ReplyDelete