Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Beautiful Ache

There are many things in my life that are beautiful.  They are uplifting, inspiring. I am blessed beyond belief--not because I'm overwhelmed with material blessing, but because I'm overwhelmed by a God who loves me.  And yet I find so often that this beauty is marred by heartache.  That nothing in my life is truly perfect or complete.  I feel this terrible longing for perfect beauty.  I want completeness.  But the reality of my life today is that I'm living in this imperfect world as an imperfect human being with an imperfect marriage and an imperfect family--yet, with a PERFECT God!  The beauty and the ache are overwhelming.  So I find that to share about myself I must share about the beautiful and about the heartache.  I originally wanted to name this blog Beautiful Ache, but I thought it might be too deep for the title of a blog.  So instead, it will be the theme behind my writings... I will be sharing about my ups and downs, bursts of creativity in my very domestic life, my spiritual walk, and everything in between. 

Before I sign off, I want to give special thanks to one of the most beautiful things in my life, my husband, Harry.  I am so grateful to him for giving me the push I needed to get this blog up, and for always encouraging me to be the best Eva.  I just hope I can live up to all the hype!   

No comments:

Post a Comment